Steak & Spur Au Jus
Broth is an excellent digestive and can be surprisingly easy to add to a meal you’ll easily recognize skirt steak and peppers. We quickly pan fry this steak and peppers and add it into a piping hot Spur. Not only it is beautiful took look at but it is delicious and satisfying. Without the beans, rice and cheesy additions, we’re able to enjoy a meal that nourishes our family - no gallbladder attack included!
- ½ lb skirt steak
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 jar of Spur
- Warm a jar of the Spur in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat a cast iron pan to medium-high with 2 tb ghee or avocado oil already in the pan.
- While the skillet is warming, prep your grass fed steak by giving it a few good whacks and dusting it with salt and pepper.
- Slice your peppers in thin strips (think ¼ inch). - they will be added to the skillet after the steak is removed to set.
- Cook the steak for 3 minutes on each side and remove it to a cutting board to “rest.”
- Quickly add your peppers, coat in the pan drippings and continue to cook them for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Slice your steak into thin strips (it is ok if it is a little on the pinker side - the broth will continue to cook it) and add 3 - 5 strips to each bowl. Add the peppers and pour the broth over serve immediately!
The broth should have *just* come to a boil but should not continue boiling. Boiling the broth for a long amount of time will cause it to loose it’s red color.