Spinach & Artichoke Soup - Puréed
Serves 6 | 210 Calories | 16g Fat | 11.8 g Protein | 8.1 g Carbs | 112% DV Vitamin D
- 1 bag of frozen artichoke hearts (12 oz)
- 1 ½ Jars (3 cups) of FOND Bone Broth Liquid Light
- ½ chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons butter or ghee
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- ½ Cup sharp white cheddar cheese or parmesan cheese
- 1 bag of organic frozen spinach (10 oz)
- Sour Cream and chives for optional garnish
Optional: Smoked Salmon
Starting with a dutch oven on medium heat, add the frozen artichoke hearts, chopped onions and bone broth. Bring to a simmer for about 10 minutes. Next, transfer this mixture to a blender and puree until very smooth. Remove half of this mixture from the blender into a separate container. In the blender add the frozen spinach (don’t worry about cooking it) to the remaining half of the mixture, and pureé until very smooth. By adding the spinach last and allowing it to cook in the final step, the soup retains a gorgeous green color and still tastes deliciously fresh.
In the same dutch oven on medium heat, add the butter, the cheese and the whipping cream, whisking until combined. Slowly whisk in the other half of the artichoke/onion/bone broth mixture you set aside.
Next slowly whisk the green spinach and artichoke mixture to the rest of the soup. Heat through and serve immediately with true sourdough croutons or a low-carb substitute from Foxhill Kitchens.