Get saucy with our Scratch Marinara made with Mother's Bone Broth! Sure, you could run to the store can grab a jar of marinara...but what you're also getting? Preservatives on preservatives! Our marinara is...you guessed it...made from scratch with FRESH ingredients that your entire family can be proud of. Check out the full recipe below:
Serves 10 | 285 Calories | 10.4g Fat | 31.3g Protein | 21g Protein | 34% Iron | 20% Potassium
What You'll Need:
- 3 Lbs Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 Cup Bell Peppers, Seeded And Diced
1 Jar FOND Bone Broth Mother’s
- 3 Cans 14 oz Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Can (small, 4-ounce) Tomato Paste
- 1 Jar Organic Marinara Sauce (no funny business like sugar or thickeners, ok?)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 2 Whole Bay Leaves
- 2 tsp Redmond Real Salt
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Parsley
How to Make it:
- Cook your ground beef in the dutch oven, using two forks (or a potato masher to get a nice crumble. Set aside LEAVING the drippings in the pan.
- Next, add olive oil to the dutch oven and heat on medium.
- While the oil is coming up to temp, chop the onion and the peppers (careful not to accidentally add in any seeds). Cook until they are translucent - about 5 minutes.
- Next add in the bone broth and ALL the tomato goodness including the tomato paste and marinara sauce, the bay leaves, oregano, thyme, and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce and cover simmering for 30 minutes. You’ll know it's time when the color of the sauce begins to deepen from a fire truck red to a darker cherry red.
- Transfer all the ingredients to the blender and puree until smooth (you may have to do this in batches). This ensures that no veggie particles are detected by toddlers or picky grownups alike!
- Transfer back into the dutch oven.
- Finally add the beef in and cook for an additional 15 minutes on low so all the flavors come together in a perfect concoction so delicious you won’t believe you made it!