Bone broth fasting is "trending," and for great reasons!
What is a bone broth fast?
According to Ali Miller, "a bone broth fast is a type of modified intermittent fast that entails consuming bone broth several times per day as a replacement for meals."
Unlike water or tea fasts, a bone broth fast can provide your body with essential vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants, which provide energy and hydration throughout your day. These nutrients, along with the high protein content can help you feel less fatigued and more focused.
Who should do a bone broth fast?
- Someone in an active autoimmune flare
- Someone dealing with digestive distress or recovering from a cold, flu or food poisoning
- Someone with digestive disorders (like leaky gut syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease or IBS)
- Someone who wants to kick off a detox, elimination diet or reset on a Ketogenic diet
- Someone looking to boost your metabolism and accelerate body fat loss
- Someone struggling with food allergies and sensitivities
- Someone with signs of low immune function, including frequently getting sick, or having asthma and recurring respiratory systems
- Someone with joint pains or arthritis
- Someone looking to gain more energy, improve the appearance of their skin and feel more clear-headed
- Someone who has skin issues such as eczema or psoriasis
You should avoid a bone broth fast if:
- You are pregnant, nursing, or planning to become pregnant
- You have diabetes or suffer from hypoglycemia
- You have a history of eating disorders
- You have a low body mass index or are malnourished
Fasting is not suitable for everyone, so we suggest you consult your healthcare provider when considering a bone broth fast.
Benefits of a bone broth fast:
- Improving weight loss and helping with weight maintenance
- Improves digestion and promotes a healthy gut due to the abundance of gelatin and amino acids
- Improves sleep and fights brain fog with the presence of glycine
- Collagen and glucosamine, and chondroitin strengthen tissues, reduce joint pain, and keep hair, skin, and nails healthy
- Bone broth soothes the gut and reduces inflammation
- Reduces fasting insulin levels and stabilizes the blood sugar
- Reducing risk for diseases like diabetes, cancer and heart complications
How to do a fast:
Ready to start your bone broth fast? Stock up on FOND and follow Ali Miller's fasting guide to help get you started!
Have questions? Feel free to email us at email@example.com!