Congrats mama! You're expecting!
Time to really take a good look at how you're feeding your body and your sweet growing babe. In a time when you:
may not feel like eating because the nausea feels like too much to handle or...
you may be craving just carbs + sweets...
...it's important to make sure you are getting all the nutrition you and your baby need.
"In those early days of pregnancy, bone broth can be a godsend for a lot of mamas-to-be. Broth is a good way to keep up your nutrient intake when you’re feeling unable to eat." - Well and Good
Bone broth is nutrient dense, the perfect addition to your pregnancy diet! Because bone broth supports the nervous system, endocrine system and brain function, consuming it while pregnant helps the developing fetus build healthy organs.
"Bone broth is simmered for quite a long time. As the broth simmers, minerals and other nutrients leach from the bones into the water, leaving you with an incredibly nourishing liquid. This is a wonderful thing for anyone to consume, but it can be especially beneficial for pregnant and breastfeeding women." - Oh Baby Nutrition
Bone Broth + Pregnancy:
- Rich in minerals- especially calcium, magnesium & phosphorus: Essential minerals for your baby to grow strong, healthy bones.
- Very rich in gelatin & collagen: Key nutrients in supporting joints & connective tissue.
- Contains glucosamine & chondroitin: Assists in forming baby's joints, but also assists in supporting your joints throughout pregnancy as well.
- Good source of amino acids, the building blocks of protein: Boosting the immune system, improving digestion, fighting inflammation, promoting sleep and calming the mind.
- Assists with nausea: "When nausea hits in the earlier weeks of pregnancy, it can be hard to get and keep food down. Bone broth is soothing and nutrient dense. It is very easy to digest, and often calms the stomach very quickly."
Bone Broth + Postpartum:
- Bone broth is wonderful for regulating hormones.
- Supports ample milk production.
- Helps your body heal from delivery.
- Builds back all the energy you put out during labor and delivery.
- Helps prevent postnatal depletion the leading cause of brain fog, memory loss and exhaustion in postpartum mothers.
Not sure where to start? Try drinking 5-8oz of broth 3x a day (Morning, lunch, dinner, or as a nightcap). Just warm the broth on the stove, pour into your favorite mug, and enjoy!
Not ready to sip bone broth straight? Check out our recipes for ways to incorporate broth into your meals.
Stock up on FOND now!
Have questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, we'd love to chat!
Don't forget to check us out on social and be sure to tag @FONDBoneBroth in your broth photos for a chance to be featured!
https://www.wellandgood.com/prenatal-nutrition-food-guide-from-maternal-health-experts/#:~:text=Bone broth,from grass-fed beef bones